[Pythonmac-SIG] How to make 2 scripts in one application

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Mon Mar 5 18:02:48 CET 2007

On 5-Mar-07, at 4:45 AM, Chris Van Bael wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> doesn't anybody have an idea on how to solve this issue?

Sorry, didn't see your original post.

You can address the python instance in the application bundle (which
will use the modules in the application bundle), but I think you'll
need to know the path the the application.  If the application will
always be in /Applications/ then you're good to go, otherwise you'll
need to have another way to find the Application location (there are
several, how you do this depends on several things I don't know about
your deployment environment).

For instance, I have an application named "Drawing Board" in my /
Applications directory, that was build using py2app.  I can invoke
the python embedded in it with the path:

/Applications/Drawing\ Board.app/Contents/MacOS/python

So if my script starts with

#!/Applications/Drawing\ Board.app/Contents/MacOS/python

then it will run using that version of Python by default and have
access to any libraries I've included with my application.

Does that answer your question?

--Dethe