[Pythonmac-SIG] XCode fails to see py2app

Calder Coalson ccoal.mail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:47:17 CET 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 5:30 AM, Nehemiah Dacres wrote:

> Following the examples http://developer.apple.com/cocoa/pyobjc.html
> as well as using PyObjC 1.4 installer for (Universal) Python 2.4 on
> Mac OS X 10.4  I have got  an error message that Xcode cannot find
> py2app.  There is a thread on this topic but there is no answer on
> how to deal with it.  So I raised it again.  It seems that it is a
> common problem to newbie and for newly installed environment.
>
> It is noted if one run the source manually i.e. follow the
> instruction using Xcode, interface builder, drop to terminal and do
> the
>
> python setup.py py2app
>
> The program will works but if you compile it under Xcode, it cannot

Dennis, I have been having the exact same issue, and posted it to
this mailing list two days ago.  Ronald Oussoren helped me out with
it yesterday.  Here's what you do:
1) Create an xcode project using the PyObjC project template
2) Edit the very first line of 'setup.py' to:
#!/path/to/python

/path/to/python should be the path to the python interpreter you have
py2app installed on.  If in doubt, type 'which python' in Terminal.
Copy that result right in.

Good luck!
-Calder