[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems building universal binary for NumericPython

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed May 9 15:06:14 CEST 2007

On Wednesday, May 09, 2007, at 02:19PM, "Jens Thomas" <j.m.h.thomas at dl.ac.uk> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm having trouble building Numeric Python 24.2 as a universal binary. I
>know that Numeric is deprecated, but for various reasons I still need to
>use it.
>
>I've edited the file customize.py to include the following:
>
>extra_compile_args = ['-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch
>i386 -arch ppc']
>extra_link_args = ['-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
>-arch ppc -arch i386']

All arguments should be separate elements in the list, instead of stuffing one string with several arguments in the list.

BTW. I'm not at al sure that this will work, pyconfig.h contains some byte-order specific values. The Python 2.4.4 and 2.5 distributions contain patches that make sure that C code sees the right values for those definitions, but I don't think this is present in Apple python2.3 build.

Ronald