[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with PYTHONPATH using MacPorts Python 2.4 & 2.5 - RESOLVED

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon May 14 19:22:27 CEST 2007

On 13 May, 2007, at 5:31, Chris Cioffi wrote:

> Problem:    I was getting:
> Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
>
> when I started Python that had been installed from MacPorts.
> (Versions 2.4 and 2.5)
>

> Solution:

Thanks for telling us about the solution! I can't count the number of
times I've ran into problems an just found e-mails from folks running
into a simular issue without any hint of a solution. The worst are e-
mail threads where the original poster mentions that he's solved the
problem without mentioning the solution :-)

Ronald