[Pythonmac-SIG] Stupid question

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Sun May 20 07:04:40 CEST 2007

Am 2007-05-19 um 23:46 schrieb Calder Coalson:

> This probably has the simplest solution ever, but how do you run a
> python file from another python program?  I've tried import, but that
> doesn't work because the thing has to be completely independent.  All
> I want to do is split up my file into multiple files, but I can't
> find a command just to RUN it anywhere!

The Perl people would say: TMTOWTDI

- It depends if the different apps use any GUI and/or async/event/
server framework

- os.system('python yourapp.py') # not preferrable

- via the subprocess module

- I write completeley independents apps whose important classes I can
import and instance in another app anyway. (A matter of clean design.)

You should specify what you really want to do.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net