[Pythonmac-SIG] pywps on mac osx

massimo di stefano massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Tue Oct 2 12:25:29 CEST 2007

HI

Apologize me for this mail if it is off topic here...

i'm new to python,
i've just a little experience about this wonderfull language :-)

i'm tring to configure a python web processing server "pywps" on my mbp

http://pywps.wald.intevation.org/

it is an open project to port python environment on the web
to use it in on-line  mapping application like web-gis

i'm tring to configure it on mac osx but it don't works as aspected,
i tried to resolve the problem with the developpers of pywps but they
haven't a mac machine to try it :-(

pywps is designed to use application like
or
GRASS
installed on a server
and use this application with local data trought the web ,  with
local data.

to configure and try it,  a Grass installation is needed,
have any experience about?

i'v grass installed from source and i followed the instruction to
install pywps,
but i've an error to import the "subprocess"  routine
(colling it from pyshall :
- import subprocess
  it works )

the error that i've is :

./wps.py "service=WPS&version=0.4.0&request=getcapabilities"
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./wps.py", line 74, in ?
     raise ServerError(e)
   File "/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/pywps-2.0.0-rc3/pywps/Wps/
wpsexceptions.py", line 105, in __init__
     raise NoApplicableCode(value)
pywps.Wps.wpsexceptions.NoApplicableCodePyWPS NoApplicableCode: No
module named subprocess

to configure it this is what i done :

cp /pywps-2.0.0-rc4    /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/pywps-2.0.0-
rc4/
cd /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/pywps-2.0.0-rc4/
python setup.py install
ln -s /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/pywps-2.0.0-rc4/wps.py /
Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/wps.py

i'm very happy if anyone mac python expert, woulìd give me an help to
figure out :-)

if you wont try it, i can post the instruction
needed to have a mac grass installation.
(it have a .app  make file to build a binary installation
to solve the grass dependancies a really nice frameworks are avaible
on :
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/unixport/ )

thanks for any suggestion about!

Massimo.