[Pythonmac-SIG] pywps on mac osx

Thomas Juntunen tmj at visi.com
Tue Oct 2 14:19:11 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:25:29 +0200, massimo di stefano wrote:

> i'm tring to configure a python web processing server "pywps" on my mbp
>
> http://pywps.wald.intevation.org/
>
> it is an open project to port python environment on the web
> to use it in on-line  mapping application like web-gis

I haven't used GRASS, but Barry Rowlingson just presented at FOSS4G about an
integrated system called "Arlat" using Quantum GIS (available for Mac OS X) for
desktop mapping and R as a statistics engine, connected with Python.

http://www.foss4g2007.org/presentations/view.php?abstract_id=135

He is planning on posting details to the R-SIG-Geo list
(https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo), but there is a paper
describing the implementation here:
http://www.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1103&context=jhubiostat

I'm looking into this for use with MapServer:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/

William Kyngesburye has Mac OS X binaries of MapServer at his kyngchaos site,
although I don't recall if they use Apple's Apache 1.3 or permit you to install
your own Apache 2.

This doesn't solve your immediate problem, but if you want to serve up spatial
data via a web interface, I think you'll find MapServer much easier to use than
rolling your own.

Thomas Juntunen