[Pythonmac-SIG] python program in menu bar

scott herzinger scotthz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 16:24:01 CEST 2007

I assume, but don't know for certain, that MacBook keyboards are USB
HID devices. In that case, this document:

http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/Hut1_11.pdf

discusses extended HID usages, including those which can be used in
toggling on/off controls, of which LEDs are one instance.

 From there, I'd go to the IOKit framework and see what APIs exist for
playing with OOCs. IOHIDUsageTables.h contains useful constants.

Scott