[Pythonmac-SIG] easygui

adam naples adam.naples at yale.edu
Thu Oct 4 19:46:56 CEST 2007

I would suggest
visionegg
www.visionegg.org
perfect for experimental psychology experiments, at least mine, and
installs nicely on the mac with some gui demos.
All python, and cross platform.
there is also psychopy, which looks similar to visionegg, but I've
not had the need to try it.
hope this helps
-a
On Oct 4, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Rafael Bejarano wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just subscribed to this list, so please allow me to introduce
> myself. Although I am a long-time Mac user, I just recently started
> learning python. My primary interest in python is as a way to create
> simple programs with which to run psychological experiments (I am an
> experimental psychologist). This means that I need to be able to
> create simple GUIs to collect behavioral measures from research
> participants, such as response times (how long it takes them to
> respond to a stimulus after appears on the screen).
>
> Given this, I was delighted to discover easygui, a module for
> creating simple GUIs. When I tried to run it following the
> instructions that I downloaded from the python website, however, I
> couldn't get it to work on my iBook g4. I did not get an error
> message, but no buttons or dialog boxes appeared, either. Can anyone
> on this list tell me if easygui works on the Mac, and if so, what
> steps I need to take to make it work?
>
> Your assistance with this problem would be grately appreciated.
>
> Cordially,
> Rafael Bejarano

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify
the sender immediately with a copy to hipaa.security at yale.edu and
destroy this message.

Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in
transmission or misdirected. Your use of email to communicate
protected health information to us indicates that you acknowledge and
accept the possible risks associated with such communication. Please
consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone, fax or
mail. If you do not wish to have your information sent by email,
please contact the sender immediately.