[Pythonmac-SIG] easygui

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Thu Oct 4 19:54:21 CEST 2007

Hi Rafael,

I'm not familiar with EasyGUI, but it uses Tkinter, which I try to
avoid on the Mac.  If you need an easy way to create GUIs and you're
OK with it being Mac-specific, then I'd recommend using Interface
Builder (comes with the free OS X developer tools) to create your GUI
and PyObjC to write the application in Python.  If you need
cross-platform GUIs, that won't work, but for the Mac it is the best
choice.  If you have problems with any of that, I can give more
pointers, but for starters:

http://developers.apple.com/  for developer tools and Interface
Builder docs (requires free account to download latest developer
tools)

http://pyobjc.sf.net/  for PyObjC, the Python/Objective-C bridge
(gives you access to all of Apple's Cocoa libraries from Python)

HTH

--Dethe