[Pythonmac-SIG] easygui

David Worrall vip at avatar.com.au
Sat Oct 6 16:54:29 CEST 2007

Hi Robin,
I know them both very well. Good at what they do. Supercollider is
even better (IMO)
However they both only have python for scripting. If it's python you
want, approach with caution ....

David
On 06/10/2007, at 11:42 PM, robin meier wrote:
> hello,
>
> for simple gui's using different media (audio, video, openGL etc )
> you might consider pure data (open source) http://en.wikipedia.org/
> wiki/Pure_Data or max msp jitter (expensive... cycling74.com)
>
> both environments have objects which enable you to integrate your
> python code.
>
> maybe this helps...
> best,
> robin
>
> On 5 Oct 2007, at 20:45, adam naples wrote:
>
>> I've had some occasions to fight with getting audio working like I
>> want in visionegg and had no problems beyond the normal 'nothing-
>> working-like-you-expect-the-first-time'.
>>
>> I've been using it for presenting stimuli for eye-tracking and
>> sentence comprehension, and I just make sure all my stimuli are
>> aiff or wav. Really it's been much less bug prone than my
>> experiences with director, e-prime and psyscope. If you need to
>> present video it's a little more of a hassle, but not so much.
>>
>> What problems were you having with visionegg and audio? I'm happy
>> to help if i can.
>> -a

I don't know visionegg so I went to their website entered a couple of
audio words into their search engine and they all drew a blank.
So it's nice to hear that it has an approach to audio. I'll check it
out.

experimental polymedia:	www.avatar.com.au
Sonic Communications Research Group,
University of Canberra: creative.canberra.edu.au/scrg