[Pythonmac-SIG] P4Python, MySQLdb, or Python Extensions

Nehemiah Dacres vivacarlie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:16:38 CEST 2007

.so, if im not mistaken is eather a linux shared library or not a mac shared
library (someone correct me if im wrong) try making sure the python version
you chose is the one for mac. the best supported python for mac is
macpython<http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.1/>(distributes
in a mac installer package) from the python website but another
more linux like one would be the darwinports one or the fink one. Try
looking here
<http://wiki.python.org/moin/MacPython/PythonDistributionsForMac>

On 10/8/07, Lyndsey Ferguson <lyndsey.ferguson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> Short time lurker, first time poster.
>
> I'm trying to install P4Python and MySQLdb, but am running into a host of
> issues.
>
> The trouble I've had trying to install these two and the number of similar
> experiences I've read through googling leads me to believe that Python can
> be difficult on the Mac.
>
> I will talk about P4Python as it seems to be the easier of the two. I'm
> trying to compile the given c++ file to build a Python Extension, but the
> setup.py doesn't work as it should be linking in CoreFoundation, but it is
> not.
>
> ImportError: Failure linking new module:
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/P4Client.so:
> Symbol not found: ___CFConstantStringClassReference
>   Referenced from:
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/P4Client.so
>   Expected in: dynamic lookup
>

> I tried to use Xcode to build something that can go where the
> site-packages go. But I have no idea what to build. It is not a dynamic
> library, it is not a relocatable object, I get this error when I try to
> import:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "p4.py", line 19, in ?
>     import P4Client
> ImportError: Inappropriate file type for dynamic loading
>

> Has anyone done this? How do I build a Python Extension using Xcode? Or
> perhaps even better, how do I get setup.py to work on the Mac?
>
> Thanks for any and all tips!
> Lyndsey Ferguson

"lalalalala! it's not broken because I can use it"

http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=194281&threshold=1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=15927703