[Pythonmac-SIG] Audio_mac.py fails in writeframes

punch punch at cse.msu.edu
Thu Oct 11 18:51:07 CEST 2007

I'm running 'OS X' 10.4.10 and python 2.5.1 on a MacBook Pro SR. When I
try to run any of the audio demos, specifically Audio_mac.py, I get
errors. The error is in the writeframes method. It appears to try and
pack the constant extSH (set to 0xFF) as a signed byte, which it cannot do.

I've searched all around and found one guy on the net with this problem
but no answer. I can over-ride the writeframes method but what should
extSH be?

Any help appreciated.