[Pythonmac-SIG] Anyone having luck py2app on wxPython (wxGlade)?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Oct 24 12:44:41 CEST 2007

On 23 Oct, 2007, at 18:33, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Richard Bronosky wrote:
>> A few things:
>
> That all looks good.
>
>> stripping ...
>> /usr/bin/strip: object:
>
> Here's that error:
>
> stripping datetime.so
> /usr/bin/strip: object:
> /PersonalStorage/Code/src/wxGlade-0.6/dist/wxglade.app/Contents/
> MacOS/python
> truncated or malformed object (linked_modules.offset field of
> LC_PREBIND_DYLIB command 10 extends past the end of the file)
>

> I know NOTHING about stripping, but it looks like it's having a
> problem
> stripping datatime.so. (or is the problem with whatever is next?)
>
> I'd try a little app with nothing much but datetime, and see if that
> works. Also, you might try python2.5, just for the heck of it.
>
> Bob or Ronald, any ideas?

this looks like a problem with the version of python that Richard is
using. I haven't followed this discussion so far, but what version is
being used? Is the the macports one, if so which version?

Which OS are you running on?

> Also, can you turn off stripping with py2app?

python setup.py py2app --no-strip

You might also try 'python setup.py py2app -A'. This will build an
alias bundle which depends on the source tree and the local python
installation, but is a convenient way of building during development.
It does make it a lot easier to quickly check if you have packaged all
resources (icons, xml files, ...) that the application needs.

Ronald