[Pythonmac-SIG] relocatable Python framework?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Sep 19 19:36:06 CEST 2007

Boyd Waters wrote:

> My short answer to "why not py2app" is that this is not just a Python
> application. It's a large C++ system. There are Qt applications in
> there as well.

You might simply be better off putting together a package installer
(pkg) that will put all the supporting bits in the right place, and
include some sort of stub launcher in .app format (AppleScript works
well here) that can be relocated if necessary. Some applications simply
have too many moving parts to wrap in a single application bundle. Also,
if your audience is technical rather than the average end user, they
won't object to package installers--it's pretty standard for large,
complex application systems.
--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin