[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and qt jpeg plugin

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Sep 19 20:15:19 CEST 2007

On 19 Sep, 2007, at 7:14, Emanuele Santos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having problems to show jpeg images on my bundled application
> using pyqt4.
> I know that the problem is with the qt plugins. How does py2app
> handle them? Because if try to run from my source tree it works fine.

Py2app doesn't handle qt plugins, at least not if they are seperate
object files that aren't referenced from python extensions or the like.

Py2app used to have a recipe for correctly handling pyqt application,
but that was removed because pyqt changed and nobody volunteered a new
recipe.  We need at least information about how to manually fix the
app bundle that py2app creates, but  a complete recipe (like the ones
in py2app.recipes) would be even better.

Ronald