[Pythonmac-SIG] Minimal Python 2.5 and Django install

Dave Everitt deveritt at innotts.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 20:44:23 CEST 2007

>> After earlier failed attempts to get Django up and running (see:
>> 'Macports and Django install problems') I started again and wrote
>> an  'absurdly simple' OS X 10.4 Django install guide here:
>> http://ecoconsulting.co.uk/training/python/python-django-OSX.shtml
>
> You don't need to install PySQLite. Python 2.5 includes a version
> of SQLite and Django will use that version.

Ah yes - I've removed that part in the guide. I'd read this:
'SQLite module for Python 2.5'
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-October/049534.html

but (having already installed PySQLite) wasn't sure how to check for
the bundled PySQLite, so...

...a couple of questions before I remove my (now extraneous) PySQLite
install:

1. Is it embedded in Python 2.5? If so I'll remove my separate
install at:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/

2. Can it be tested for with:
 >>> from pysqlite2 import test
 >>> test.test()