[Pythonmac-SIG] design questions: new hierarchy/tree class?

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Wed Sep 19 23:23:02 CEST 2007

Am 2007-09-17 um 19:13 schrieb Nehemiah Dacres:

> While i dont know this library verry well, try xml tree. as for
> tree like data, most people use nested lists and nested tuples to
> display hirarchial (ergo nested) info. google uses xmltree for the
> python G-Data client library so it should be either good or improving.

It's not only that I need to store/display nested/hierachical data -
I'm very used to use nested dicts/lists, but I'm tired of writing
specialized handlers for each of my nested data structures - too much
code duplication without compatibility...

And I don't really want to go the XML path - I guess it's much more
efficient to use methods of storage objects than to transverse some DOM.
Hm, while I think about it - I guess the DOM libraries held their
parsed data in memory, too; and for they had better programmers than
me, I should try it first. I guess I could use a DOM tree without
really using XML.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---