[Pythonmac-SIG] Macports and Django install problems

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Sun Sep 30 18:40:39 CEST 2007

On Sep 19, 2007, at 6:53 AM, Dave Everitt wrote:

> The idea is for it to be completely accessible to beginners (i.e.
> those who may not even know how to cd in Terminal).

I think we need to do for Python and Django, what Marc Liyanage did
for PHP on OSX.

>> Does anyone know if one already exists or has been started?  I
>> would consider helping.
>
> I can't contribute to the code, but might be able to help polish
> things up somehow.

Accepted. I was sort of hoping someone else would take the lead on
this.  I guess I will be forced to. I am a little surprised something
is not started already.

I just made the project iDjango.

<http://code.google.com/p/idjango/>

My intention here is to do something really simple, quick, and with
minimal functionality. I see no reason why it can't do an automated
checkout from svn.

Any volunteers to help? I may also ping the Django list.

Brian Ray
bray at sent.com
http://kazavoo.com/blog