[Pythonmac-SIG] PIL and py2app on Leopard

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 9 21:11:38 CEST 2008

Jörg Birkhold wrote:
> Strange thing is I downloaded the mac package from pythonmac but the
> installer says there is no python 2.5 on my system???
> I'm using Leopard with Developer Tools so it is there for sure.

Those packages are for the "MacPython" that is also distributed from
that site. The one Apple delivers is slightly different, and located in
a different place.

> after adding PIL.pth I can use Import Image.
> 1 step forward :-)

Good start. As setup.py didn't do it for you, perhaps it's depricated...

> yepp it is there
>
> After fixing the PIL.pth i could generate one app where i could see the
> site-packages like PIL inside the app-package but just one time.

What does "just one time" mean?

> Now I don't even get an error the app is just crashing on startup.

Have you looked at Coinsole.app? there may be a message there.

> i will look into it tomorrow an try to build up everything step by step.
> Is there a log or something automatically written with the python errors
> of the app? If not how can I achieve this?

They should show up in Console.app. It should be in Applications/Utilities

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov