[Pythonmac-SIG] Teething troubles - Getting up an running on a mac

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 3 19:10:25 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 10:12:23AM -0400, Kevin Walzer wrote:
> >Question 2: In Finder, If I click on Search For > Past week, I can see a
> >sequence of folders under the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the
> >window, allowing me to determine that some files that were placed under
> >Applications > MacPython 2.5> Extra> Demo. But I do not seem to be able to
> >see the sequence of folders under the horizontal scroll bar in any finder
> >window. What do I need to do to make the folder sequence visible in all
> >Finder Windows?
>
> Finder doesn't work that way--not sure what to tell you.

Actually, this isn't the case in Leopard - you can use View > Show
Path Bar to turn it on.  (However, this uses way too much screen space
for me - I find it easier to Command-click - or, also new in Leopard,
right-click - on the window title.)

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>