[Pythonmac-SIG] LXML with py2app

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 7 22:59:41 CEST 2008

Kenneth Miller wrote:
> This is what I'm encountering.
>
> Here i printed the sys.path, why does this include modules local to the
> machine? I want it to be independent of any local resources?
> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5',

This is Apple's installed python. by default, if you run py2app with
Apple's system python, it will link to that, rather than embedding all
of python with it.

I don't know if you can override that, but if you want your app bundle
to run on pre 10.5 machines, you need to install the python.org python,
and use that. py2app will embed the whole thing in your app bundle, and
it should run on any max, OS-X 10.3.9 and above.

I don't know if there are any special issues with LXML, but I'd get a
simple app with only the standard library working first, and then try
your full app.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov