[Pythonmac-SIG] Help! I can't get py2app v0.4.2 to correctly embed Authorization

David Hostetler negativesum at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 23:52:07 CEST 2008

I'm trying to build a fairly simple app (on osx 10.5.4) that leverages
the Authorization module (v0.1).

The py2app build succeeds, but when I run the app, I get an exception that says:

'/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/Authorization/_Authorization.so'
not found

A bit of investigation makes this look like a macholib problem - i.e.
it's not correcting the path reference to use the
'@execution_path/../Frameworks/etc/etc..' stunt which would allow the
app to use a relative copy.

I can't figure out how to get this to work correctly.

I'm on the svn tip of py2app as well as all of the associated
dependencies (macholib, modulegraph, altgraph, etc..).

Note that in my resulting app bundle, there is *nothing* in
Contents/Frameworks, but there is a '_Authorization.so' in
Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/Authorization/.

Am I failing to pass some critical option to my setup.py?

I'm not particularly OSX saavy, so any help is appreciated.

regards,

-David