[Pythonmac-SIG] pragma mark with python in xcode?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 11 22:02:43 CEST 2008

Daniel Ashbrook wrote:
> Xcode supports "#pragma mark foo" that puts "foo" into a dropdown menu
> above your code in the editor so you can quickly jump between sections.

As "#" is a comment in python, it certainly could be done just the same
way, but not if Apple hasn't enabled that.

Well, XCode, as a rule, does not support python that well. Nor does
Apple show any intention of opening up XCode so that good
language-specific modes could be written by third parties. So I suggest
you find another editor!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov