[Pythonmac-SIG] Status of Python 3.0 for Mac?

Conan C. Albrecht conan at warp.byu.edu
Sun Dec 14 16:36:23 CET 2008

I was surprised at the lack of a Mac build as well.  I think the
reason is that there are few libraries available for 3.0 right now.
For example, it will be some time before wxPython, the various
database drivers, and other popular add-ons will be updated to the 3.0
syntax.  I installed Py3 for Mac, but there isn't a lot I can do with
it yet.  I think many are in this camp.

If you want to install it now (like many of us have), here's a good
page about how to compile it.  It's pretty easy.

http://farmdev.com/thoughts/66/python-3-0-on-mac-os-x-alongside-2-6-2-5-etc-/

I have no idea when the .dmg download will be available.

Conan C. Albrecht, Ph.D.
Information Systems Department
Brigham Young University
Email: conan at warp.byu.edu