[Pythonmac-SIG] Status of Python 3.0 for Mac?

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:57:20 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:

> I'm curious who maintains the Mac builds of Python these days. It's not hard
> to build from source, of course, and that's what I do...but the binary
> installer is convenient for many people.

I want to install 3.0 to experiment with all the new features, but I
don't want to do anything horrible to my default Leopard install, and
I'd like to be able to remove 3.0 easily.  What's the most sensible
way of doing this?  Setting a --prefix of /opt/python3.0 , for
example, or just using the default prefix and using make altinstall?

What are others doing?