[Pythonmac-SIG] module metrics and Framework comparisons

DavidW vip at avatar.com.au
Tue Feb 5 07:53:44 CET 2008

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a set of (formalized software
engineering) metrics against which (python) modules can be evaluated?
I am about to  (yet again) summarise several modules which do similar
things and I wondered if anyone knows of a such a set.

I'd like to be able to include things like level of support, code
readability, documentation. I guess you all know the rap.

Also, I've been background reading around Application Frameworks and
wondered if anyone's got a good/favourite reference which compares
Python with others. Couldn't find anything on python.org.

thanks a million,

David

David Worrall
- Experimental Polymedia:	www.avatar.com.au
- Education for Financial Independence: www.mindthemarkets.com.au
Australian research affiliations:
- Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre: www.cmcrc.com
- Sonic Communications Research Group:	creative.canberra.edu.au/scrg