[Pythonmac-SIG] OS X leopard installation clarification

Stephen Uhlhorn stephenlists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 17:17:14 CET 2008

Sorry, but I've been off the list for a couple of weeks, and I'm just
trying to catch up on the mac os leopard status...

If I understand this correctly:
http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/InstallationOSXLeopard ,
I should stick with the system python and update readline, rather than
maintain a separate python.org python, correct?

But according to the notes at the bottom of the page, it sounds like
if I update numpy, I could bust some system apps. I don't use pyobjc,
but I work with numpy/scipy/matplotlib and like to keep these packages
up to date. I worry about a new numpy breaking stuff. If I use the
system python, will setuptools allow me to keep numpy up to date,
without overt breakage?

Thanks-
-stephen