[Pythonmac-SIG] Python module installation on Leopard runs but doesn't install

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 28 18:42:00 CET 2008

Russell E. Owen wrote:
> Weird. I thought the binaries at pythonmac.org
> <http://pythonmac.org/packages/> would install fine in either system
> python or add-on MacPython as long they were built for the right major
> version of Python (2.5 for Leopard).

But they are in different places. Putting in symlink could take care of
that, but it didn't seem to be working for the OP. I don't have 10.5, so
I can't test it.

Does anyone know definitively? We really should post that info somewhere.

Or is pythonmac.org/packages dead anyway? I still think it's good idea,
though more an more package maintainers are supporting OS-X themselves
these days.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov