[Pythonmac-SIG] Console window appearing when running application bundled with py2app

Jens Thomas j.m.h.thomas at dl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 12:21:27 CET 2008

Hello,

I've (finally) managed to get everything in place to build my
python/vtk/Tk application as a universal binary and have py2app (0.3.6)
successfully bundle it into an app.

However, when I run the application under the finder, in addition to my
application, I get a small white window appearing with the title
"console" when I run the application.

This doesn't appear when I run the application from the terminal (i.e.
execute the command "myapp.app/Contents/MacOS/myapp" ).

I thought this might be something to do with the argv_emulation setting,
but changing that has no effect.

I've also checked the logs in the Console (i.e.
/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) and there is no difference in the
output generated by running the application either way, so I don't think
the window is being triggered by an error condition.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this window to appear?

Many thanks,

Jens