[Pythonmac-SIG] Path Issues when using Swig (and OSX Leopard)

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jan 15 01:31:00 CET 2008

newbie73 wrote:
> I installed v 2.5 of MacPython from python.org.  I am able to build lots of
> other packages using this setup, where packages are installed here:
> /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages
>
> I cannot, however, find the include directories for the macpython
> installation.  Can anybody help me locate where they would be?  I am trying
> to follow the example in the swig.org tutorial

the SWIG tutorial is out of date -- the "right" way to compile
extensions for python is to use the distutils -- distutils will figure
out all the paths, flags, etc for you. The latest version of the SWIG
docs has instructions:

http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Python.html#Python_nn6

Or look at various distutils instructions.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov