[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and command line options

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 30 21:50:00 CET 2008

Tobias Rodäbel wrote:
> The -psn argument is a bit of an historical leftover. It stands for
> carbon process serial number.

great, thanks!

The question is, is it still useful?

> Set argv_emulation=True (in your setup.py in
> OPTIONS)

The thing is, I don't want argv_emulation -- that puts the name of
dropped files in argv, and this app can't do anything with dropped
files. It does take other args, though, and -psn was confusing it.

> or delete it within your application (__main__):

I can't do that, 'cause when it's not in an app bundle, that would break
something. I could put it in a if frozen: clause, I suppose.

In fact, the solution I came up with is that it doesn't need to do
anything with arv when bundled anyway, so I just ignore all options in
that case.

However, it strikes me that it would be nice to have a:

show_carbon_process = False

option in py2app. I'm not going to write it though!

thanks,
-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov