[Pythonmac-SIG] Code signature/py2app

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Tue Jul 1 20:18:32 CEST 2008

I'm running into a strange error with py2app on 10.5.3:

usr/bin/strip: changes being made to the file will invalidate the code
signature in:
/Users/kevin/Programming/phynchronicity/dist/Phynchronicity.app/Contents/MacOS/python
(for architecture ppc7400)
/usr/bin/strip: changes being made to the file will invalidate the code
signature in:
/Users/kevin/Programming/phynchronicity/dist/Phynchronicity.app/Contents/MacOS/python
(for architecture i386)
/usr/bin/strip: changes being made to the file will invalidate the code
signature in:
/Users/kevin/Programming/phynchronicity/dist/Phynchronicity.app/Contents/MacOS/Phynchronicity
(for architecture ppc7400)
/usr/bin/strip: changes being made to the file will invalidate the code
signature in:
/Users/kevin/Programming/phynchronicity/dist/Phynchronicity.app/Contents/MacOS/Phynchronicity
(for architecture i386)
/usr/bin/strip: for architecture ppc64 object:
/Users/kevin/Programming/phynchronicity/dist/Phynchronicity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Python
malformed object (load command 3 cmdsize not a multiple of 8)

I'm using a custom universal build of Python 2.5.2 that links to Tk 8.5.
Python was built against Tk 8.5.2 and I just updated Tk to 8.5.3. My
installation of py2app is a mix of the latest version from PyPi
(easy_install py2app) and an SVN version of macholib or
modulegraph--can't remember which--that fixed some obscure bugs.

This application built without problem when I was using Tk 8.5.2;  the
only change in my setup is the minor version update of Tk to 8.5.3.

I admit I'm not up-to-date on the whole "code-signing" thing--is this
something that needs to be taken into account with py2app?

In any event, I'm stumped, and would be grateful for any advice.
--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin