[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and svn

Clifford Meece cliff at cliffandkim.org
Fri Jul 4 18:02:16 CEST 2008

Hi,
This isn't a question about py2app per se, but more around development
practices.  I have a small app written in python and wxpython.  I have
successfully used py2app to make re-distributable packages for my code.

Now I have decided to commit my work to svn to track my changes and
protect my time investment.

My question is: how do people generally handle commits of the build
and dist directory?  Initially I just committed my working directory
so I have my source and my build/* and dist/* in svn, which is
probably not necessary.  What kind of build and release process is
'typical' with a py2app-based project? should I keep my source in a
seperate directory and just commit it?  After I build, should I then
commit the resulting packaged .app?

Any experiences, practices or opinions would help.

thanks,
Cliff