[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter apps hang upon quitting

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Jul 23 16:06:50 CEST 2008

Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> I don't know. Does Tkinter even work with Tcl/Tk 8.5?  I don't use
> Tkinter myself, but I'm pretty sure I've seen some messages about
> problems with Tk 8.5 in the past. Those may have been resolved for
> Python 2.6.

Yes, it works. I'm shipping a commercial application that uses
Tkinter/Tk-8.5.

There were some issues before involving fork/exec warnings in the
console--there would be hundreds of such warnings during the program's
execution. I could not find any impact on performance or stability, but
the warnings were annoying.

Running a test build of my app with Tk 8.5.3, the issues seem resolved.
Not sure who fixed them or when, but I'm glad that the warnings don't
litter the console anymore.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin