[Pythonmac-SIG] bdist_mpkg Python version prefix

Christopher Burns cburns at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 25 22:01:53 CEST 2008

Yes, agreed.  We build the numpy installer against the python.org version of
python installed in /Library...  The numpy developers have agreed to not
touch the Apply Python.  Users are required to install python from
python.org.

But this emphasizes my point, bdist_mpkg specifically refers to the
python.org version of python as the "System Python" during an install.  This
causes a lot of confusion that can be resolved with a rewording of the
requirement string.

Chris