[Pythonmac-SIG] New to Python - how to get Py2App to work?

Chris Mills cdm at lizardlounge.com
Wed Jul 30 04:03:22 CEST 2008

Greetings,

I am new to Python, have never developed tools with C++ (I have
extensive MEL scripting experience with Autodesk's Maya), and am faced
with needing to develop tools to deploy into a Mac OSX 10.5 environment.

I've downloaded and installed py2app with ez-install and now am faced
with getting it to work.

I have a simple python script which runs from inside the IDE and does
what it is supposed to do, but I can not figure out how to get py2app to
work. I've seen a number of setup.py references about, but what I would
really like is a step by step procedure for getting a simple "hello
world" app to be built so that I can have some contextual reference and
from there I can probably iterate my way to a successful solution.

Is there a basic guide out there? The docs on:
http://undefined.org/python/py2app.html
do not make sense to me.

Thanking you in advance for your patience and guidance.

Kind regards,
Chris Mills

Lizard Lounge Graphics, LTD.
Wellington, NZ