[Pythonmac-SIG] [py2app] problems running .app built on 10.5 on standard 10.4

Mike Covill mcovill at mac.com
Thu Jul 31 22:40:38 CEST 2008

On 31-Jul-08, at 12:33 PM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Mike Keith wrote:
>> are my problems down to the fact that i'm using apple's python 2.5 to
>> build the .app?
>
> yes.
>
>> if so, any advice on how to proceed?
>
> Install the python.org python ,and use that to built your app -- it
> should then run on all systems >= 10.3.9
>
> -Chris

Corollary to installing python.org python (currently 2.5.2, I
believe), how can I install and use the PyObjC version 2.0 for Leopard
packages?  I have tried downloading the subversion copy of PyObjC at "http://svn.red-bean.com/pyobjc/trunk
" and the script inside pyobjc fails (02-develop-all.sh).  Is this
script working for everyone else?

Any hints would be appreciated, thanks.

Mike