[Pythonmac-SIG] Is there still a good reason for separate macpythonand pyobjc mailing lists?

Jay Freeman (saurik) saurik at saurik.com
Tue Jun 3 11:51:44 CEST 2008

Personally, I have no interest in any issues relating to Python that don't
have to do with its integration with Objective-C. In fact, until this e-mail
I had never heard of the PythonMac list, and now that I have I went and took
a look at it and it doesn't seem particularly interesting to me: I don't
actually own a Mac and use PyObjC purely on my iPhone (which means any and
all topics about Cocoa are lost on me), I've never used Xcode and don't see
why I would want to, and I have no interest in AppleScript or tk.

I'm almost certainly in the minority, though. (I'm a programming languages
researcher who focuses on language interop, have written a similar library
for Java, and maintain a port of PyObjC to the iPhone.)

Out of curiosity, why are you interested in merging the mailing lists? There
seems to be hardly any converstions (pretty much no conversations, really:
last one was in January) directly about PyObjC on PythonMac.

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik at saurik.com
http://www.saurik.com/