[Pythonmac-SIG] 64-bit Python?

Chris Kees christopher.e.kees at usace.army.mil
Wed Jun 4 18:02:46 CEST 2008

I'm wondering how to coordinate having python executables in 32 and 64
bit mode on the same machine. Will the patched python 2.6 build a
python and a python64? When I build extension models do I then need to
build/install each module  twice e.g. 'python setup.py install' and
'python64 setup.py install'? Could I help this effort out by starting
to work with your branch of python 2.6? I've been building a non-
framework, non-universal build of python to work in 64 bit but it
would be nice to take advantage of the universal build stuff as well
as use some gui tools in 64 bit.

Chris