[Pythonmac-SIG] python settings

Nehemiah Dacres vivacarlie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 04:36:37 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 11:01 AM, james collins <collinsjames9 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hello,
> i own a macbook pro running mac os x 10.5.2. Just wondering about my
> MacPython settings.
> I have two versions of MacPython on my computer. One version came with the
> developer(programming) tools which was an optional install. The other
> version i downloaded from the web. I added PYTHONPATH to my .bash_profile
> file, and now when i open terminal i can import scripts, from my home folder
> in a folder i called python. My question is when i open my IDLE of the
> version of python which i downloaded i can't import scripts which i have in
> my home folder in a folder I called python. My IDLE gives me an error
> message saying it can't import the scripts. I was told that when i added
> PYTHONPATH to my .bash_profile file that it should work for both versions of
> python. I was also told to research the settings of the version i
> downloaded. Any help would be appreciated.

when you start python from the terminal, the first response is 3 lines
containing the version, build time, compiler and version and OS for example,
mine on leopard
Python 2.5.1
adsl-70-130-244-74:~ Nehemiah$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54869, Apr 18 2007, 22:08:04)

and on linux
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Oct  5 2007, 13:50:07)
[GCC 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)] on linux2

see?
--

"lalalalala! it's not broken because I can use it"

http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=194281&threshold=1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=15927703