[Pythonmac-SIG] distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: file '/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c8-py2.5.egg/pkg_resources.pyc' does not exist

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Mar 7 09:44:54 CET 2008

On Friday, March 07, 2008, at 09:18AM, "Luká? 'Spike' Polívka" <lukas.polivka at gmail.com> wrote:

>Seems like dev version of py2app got me somewhere. I export my
>PYTHONPATH (and I don't pass --use-pythonpath to setup.py), the app is
>built/packaged (it has around 40 megs).
>
>But when I run it (from Finder), I get:
>ImportError: '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/PyQt4/QtCore.so'
>not found
>
>Is it the problem Nathan described?

I don't know, I haven't looked into his problem yet.

What I do know is that the version of py2app that ships with Leopard does not support PyQt. PyQt requires explicit support in py2app because some of the module dependencies are hidden in C code, where the depencency scanner of py2app cannot get at them.

Ronald