[Pythonmac-SIG] pynomo

Alan Curtis alan.curtis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 16:45:28 CET 2008

I would like to play with the pynomo package.

I have installed the prerequisites using macports and the pynomo
package using python setup.py install but get an error when I try to
run the examples.

$ python example_1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "example_1.py", line 16, in <module>
     from pynomo import *
   File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/pynomo/nomograph.py", line
16, in <module>
     from nomo_axis import *
   File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/pynomo/nomo_axis.py", line
20, in <module>
     from pyx import *
ImportError: No module named pyx

I suspect that this is caused by some path related mismatch between
the Leopard and macports pythons but don't know enough about python to
fix it.

Is there a simple fix?