[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app create folder in resources

L. Fanchi lopoz at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 24 17:34:54 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm creating an app which needs additional resources. I'd like to put
these resources in a folder in the /Resources in the .app, but I'm
having trouble doing so..
My setup.py looks like this:

if sys.platform == 'darwin':
	setup(
		app=["avgui.py"],
		name="AutoViewerGUI",
		setup_requires=["py2app"],
		options=dict(py2app=dict(
			plist='Info.plist',
			resources='essentials/',
			iconfile='avgui.icns',
		)),
	)

As you can see, I'm trying to include the 'essentials' folder to the
app, but instead of adding the folder itself, py2app adds the files
inside the folder.
Is there a way of making py2app recreate the 'essentials' folder
inside the Resources folder in the app, instead of just copying the
files to it?

Thanks in advance!