[Pythonmac-SIG] distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: file '/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c8-py2.5.egg/pkg_resources.pyc' does not exist

Lukáš 'Spike' Polívka lukas.polivka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:01:54 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Nathan <nathan.stocks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Lukáš 'Spike' Polívka
>
> <lukas.polivka at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  No luck, for some reason. What path do you suggest I should put there,
>  >  if QtCore.so is placed in
>  >  Jabbim.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/PyQt4/?
>  >
>  >  This is error log from Console:
>  >
>  > ImportError: '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/PyQt4/QtCore.so'
>  >  not found
>
>  Hmm.  My missing stuff was pure python packages.  I don't know if
>  shared libraries are treated the same or not.  If that were a python
>  package, I would do
>  sys.path.insert(0,'../Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/')
>
>  ~ Nathan

So, in the end, Nathan was right. The following helped me:

sys.path.insert(0, '../Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip') # for Twisted
sys.path.insert(0, '../Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload') # for PyQt4

The first path is for my Twisted. The corresponding bundle-relative
path already was in sys.path, but after system-wide path.
The second path is for my PyQt4. No bundle-relative path was in
sys.path before, only system-wide (and wrong).

Putting this to the main py (jabbim.py) seems like a mess to me, though.

Now… my next problem is that apparently Qt4 is bundled without
libjpeg. I have installed Trolls' official qt dmg (no compiling on my
part). Outside of the bundle, Jabbim works OK, but when run from the
bundle, JPEGs don't work. Any remedy on that?

As a side note, setuptools==dev breaks py2app==dev, if anybody cares to know.

Thank you guys, you have been 'quite'* helpful so far! :)

Lukáš

* read 'very much'
IM (XMPP/Jabber/Google Talk): spike411 at jabber.cz
ICQ, AIM, MSN: Never ever!