[Pythonmac-SIG] distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: file '/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c8-py2.5.egg/pkg_resources.pyc' does not exist

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Mar 27 10:23:27 CET 2008

On 27 Mar, 2008, at 10:09, Lukáš 'Spike' Polívka wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Lukáš 'Spike' Polívka
> <lukas.polivka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Lukáš 'Spike' Polívka
>>
>> <lukas.polivka at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com

>>> Yes, you are right. Well, if I don't use --site-packages, my app
>>> complains SIP is missing… I guess I will have to include it in the
>>> app
>>> by some other means.
>> Aha, seems like 'includes': ['sip'], did the trick when I placed it
>> in
>> my setup.py.
>>
>> I think I got my setup.py wrong because things like --site-packages
>> or
>> --use-pythonpath work "nicely" in alias mode…
> Seems like I still have to use sys.path.insert(0,
> '../Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip') anyway. If I include
> sip, I can drop --site-packages. But if I drop that sys.path.insert,
> wrong Twisted library is used anyway.
>
> By the way, I have installed Twisted from their dmg (not through
> easy_install).
>
> Sorry I'm spamming this list with my thoughts like this. If you are on
> IRC or Jabber, we could discuss it there and then post (re)solution
> here.

Could you post the exact setup you're using again:

- Which version of OSX?

- Which copy of python (/usr/bin/python, Python.org installer, ...)

- How did you install PyQt (and which version)?

- How did you install Twisted (and which version)?

- The setup.py you're using

- Link to the software

- Anything else that might be relevant to reproduce the problem

I don't have time to look into this right now, but hopefully will have
some time this weekend. I'm slowly gearing up for a new release of
PyObjC and would like to fix as much issue in py2app &friends as well.

BTW. the (setuptools==dev, py2app==dev) issue seems to trivial,
macholib uses a class that turns out to be private to pkg_resources
and that class was moved elsewhere.

> I'm kind of lost in all of these path issues… :/
>
> No idea about libjpeg issue?

I guess macholib doesn't pick up that dependency for some reason. You
could copy the jpeg bit by hand to get going again.

Ronald