[Pythonmac-SIG] Please test PIL package on OS-X

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri May 2 22:31:08 CEST 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> Quick import test works.

good start -- could you run that test script? you pass in a *.jpg on the
command line, and it makes a copy with a watermark printed on it. That
tests the jpeg driver and the freetype implementation.

> I haven't built a python extension installer package before, but is it
> an option of distutils?

I think it's a distutils extension that comes with py2app: dist_mpkg

 > If so, it may be hard to *add* packages to the
> installer.

Can you just dump additional packages into Contents/Packages ? Or dump
the mpkg into your Metapackage, or dump the two *.pkg files into your
Metapackage?

I have no clue. Others on this list should know.

> Also, I would building be a Distribution package, not a Metapackage,
> since I rely on the builtin Javascript requirements checking.  This
> would limit it to Tiger+.

That's 10.4, right? I'm OK with that -- do your Frameworks support 10.3
anyway?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov