[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and eggs

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed May 7 18:29:08 CEST 2008

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> I had problems with modules installed as eggs before. Some modules don't
> seem to find some files or the like.

Yes, I know. I don't think any of the modules I need are installed with
eggs, but it seems to be bringing in all kinds of other stuff -- weird.
Particularly since this setup.py worked with this app last week (I think!).

> Mostly it helps to install
> everything with "easy_install -Z" (i.e. unzip the egg).

good hint, thanks!

> Perhaps post your setup.py, otherwise it's hard to detect what could be
> wrong in your case. At least my crystal ball doesn't work at the moment.

Yours is broken too? Yes, that would help -- I'm going to simplify
things and poke around a bit more, then I'll post the results here.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov