[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app mac

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri May 9 23:50:15 CEST 2008

Mariano Di Felice wrote:
> I compile this on a mac PC Intel Minimac with OS Tiger version 10.4.11

> But.... when I run my test.app into another MAC ( this is a MAC
> PPC Tiger without PIL, wxpython, etc etc ), I have more problems:
>
> if I don't include any package, I obtain:
>
> ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

I just noticed this -- are you sure your PIL is Universal? it isn't
unless you compiled it that way, and all its dependencies are Universal.
IIRC, in your earlier posts to the wxPython list, you compiled it
yourself.

Try the PIL found here:

http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html

Also make sure you are running py2app with the python installed in
/Library, rather than Apple's one.

How big is your *.app?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov