[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and bdist_mpkg on Linux?

Arne Babenhauserheide arne_bab at web.de
Wed May 14 21:20:11 CEST 2008

El Wednesday, 14 de May de 2008 19:57:29 Kevin Walzer escribió:
> Copying repsonse to the list so others can see the follow-up:

sorry...

> Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be possible to just include a binary Mac Python and then copy
> > the script to the correct location?
>
> No, not really. Python isn't installed in a single location on the Mac,
> and standalone app bundles are structured differently anyway.

What I mean is:

MyPythonApp.app/
	Contents/my_python_script.py
	MacOS/python
	info.plist

(or so, I don't remember the exact setup of app bundles right now),

To create a new python app, just replace my_python_script.py .

Would that work?

> Yes, but things don't work this way. You can't build standalone Python
> apps intended for Windows on the Mac, either. py2exe is the standard
> tool here, and it won't run on the Mac. :-)

But afaik, osx is built a bit more efficiently, there.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein
Heißt politisch sein

-- Weblog: http://blog.draketo.de
-- Infinite Hands: http://infinite-hands.draketo.de - singing a part of the
history of free software.
-- Ein Würfel System: http://1w6.org - einfach sauberere (Rollenspiel-) Regeln

-- Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel (PGP/GnuPG):
http://draketo.de/inhalt/ich/pubkey.txt